SMART Recovery is delighted to announce a partnership with The Fletcher Group to bring SMART Recovery into recovery homes in rural counties, as designated by Health Resources & Services Administration, the funding agency for this endeavor. This partnership enables SMART Recovery to increase our footprint in rural communities and fulfill our mission to empower people with limited access to achieve independence from addiction problems with our science-based 4-Point Program®. We are excited to bring these opportunities to our dedicated & amazing SMART experienced volunteers*.
A few of the key actions that SMART will undertake as part of this partnership are:
- Hire a full-time paid Project Coordinator dedicated to the administration, coordination, planning, and setup of a SMART Recovery 12-session program, using the Successful Life Skills handbook in 100 recovery homes located in rural areas across the U.S.
- Recruit experienced SMART Recovery facilitators for each 12-session program.
- Provide training for up to 100 recovery home staff to become future facilitators of our SMART Recovery program, allowing them to continue offering SMART after the initial 12-week session has ended.
As a result of our partnership with The Fletcher Group, we are able to extend two unique opportunities to our volunteers.
- First, we would like to invite qualified and experienced SMART volunteers to apply for the Project Coordinator position. The Project Coordinator will be the lead contact and will be working closely with the Fletcher Group Project Coordinators and Administrators as well as the assigned program coordinator of each of the 100 recovery homes. Their primary responsibility will be to effectively align and manage all needed resources to ensure the successful planning and execution of the 12-week meeting programs. This will include effective scheduling coordination for all participating recovery homes and SMART resources, budget oversight to maintain pre-approved expenditures, technical support, meeting delivery, evaluations to help reach the goals and deadlines of the project, and occasionally filling in on an as-needed basis as a meeting facilitator. This position reports directly to the Executive Director and Assistant Executive Director but will work closely with SMART Volunteer Managers. CLICK HERE to view the full job description, requirements, and application process.
- The second opportunity is for facilitators who would like to be part of getting these 12-week sessions started. Ideally, we would like to have teams of 1-3 facilitators to run the first 12-week session at each of the 100 recovery houses. The meetings will be hybrid and can be held through Zoom and/or a physical location. We do not anticipate all 100 meetings starting at the same time, but rather be staggered throughout the year. If you are interested in facilitating one or more of these 12-week sessions, please fill out this form.
*These opportunities are for volunteers in the U.S. only.